Roland System 8 first Jam - this ACB tech deserves stereo headphones - Moog Minitaur, GFI Specular

Roland System 8 first Jam - this ACB tech deserves stereo headphones - Moog Minitaur, GFI Specular

Still stuck in bed with a back injury for longer hours than I want. Hopefully one more day or two and I’ll be able to be vertical again for most of the day. But it did enable me to try out the Roland System 8 and a GFI speculates Tempus effects pedal I’ve been meaning to break out of the box for almost half a year.

The GFI specular tempus effects pedal really brings out the character of this Juno ACP model.

I Used the Akai force to record and do some light mastering. So convenient. Just set the default recording length to 120 bars and instant multi track recorder. I like the live feeling of this method of recording including the mistakes and noise. The noise in the track is actually coming from the simulated model of the Juno, as it models individual analog components extremely accurately … including the noise, which I think makes this System 8 even more great.

I did cut frequencies under 50 because there was some rumbling going on. Hopefully the amazing sound transfers through YouTube ok, but the stereo field is the major feature here for me. The iPad Pro 12 inch has stereo speakers btw, other than that headphones are your friend. Cheers.

RolandSystemfirst

Post a Comment

0 Comments